And being so thankful, let’s get started with a potato filled recipe! 🙂
Thoughts Before Cooking:
I love potatoes, so when I saw this recipe I thought it would be delicious! Let’s check it out.
- 12 Baking Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of softened butter
- 8 tablespoons of melted salted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of dried crumbled basil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 4 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 8 tablespoons of salted butter
- Lemon Juice
- Choose a bowl large enough to hold all the potatoes and fill with cold water. Add a teaspoon of salt and a squirt of lemon juice in the water.
- Peel a potato and rinse it off.
- Slice it the potato in quarters, but only halfway, not completely through. Drop it in the water so it won’t discolor
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a baking pan that will hold all your potatoes in a single layer.
- Use the 2 tablespoons of butter to grease the baking pan.
- Dry the potatoes and lay them in the pan.
- Drizzle the melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle with basil and paprika.
- Place pan in oven uncovered for 30 mins.
- Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Melt the cold stick of butter and drizzle over the breadcrumbs
- Slip pan back in the oven for 25 mins.
Thoughts After Reading:
These were very good but were much tastier when I added cheese. I love cheese.
Vertical vents made it hard to move the potatoes as they could easily snap. Next time I think I will cut them horizontally instead. But otherwise, delicious!
For more Hannah Swensen mysteries, go to Mini Lemon Pancake Cookies
For more potato recipes, go to Oven-Crispy Creole Seasoned French Fries
For more recipes, go to Harvest Pumpkin Scones