Thoughts Before Cooking:
This recipe comes from the Weight Watchers cookbook, Simply Delicious: 245 No-Fuss Recipes-All 8 Points or Less.
My mother was going to a party and since a lot of the women attending were trying to lose weight, she thought it would be the perfect thing to make. She wasn’t going to be able to bake it, but asked me to do it instead, supplying all the ingredients.
- 3 Cups of Flour
- 2 Cups of Granulated (White) Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Sunflower oil
- 1/2 Cup of Fat-Free Milk
- 1-15 oz. Can of Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup of Confectioner (Powdered) Sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 10-inch bunt pan or two loaf pans with nonstick spray, then lightly dust with flour.
- Combine the flour, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the oil, eggs, milk, pumpkin purée, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture; stirring until blended.
- Pour the batter into the pan or pans. Bake for 55-60 mins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 mins, then remove and cool for 30 mins.
- Combine the confectioners/powdered sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle over the warm cake and serve at once. Or cool cake completely and drizzle with glaze just before serving.
So I ran into a slight problem making this.
It turns out I accidentally did too much pumpkin purée. When my mom said she was going to supply the ingredients, I thought she meant exact, and I didn’t even look at the ounces on the can. It came out horrible and mushy gross. It was also really flat.
But as that was my fault, I made it again and this is how it came out the second time:
Thoughts After Baking:
So yes, the second time was much better than the first. When this cake was made the right way it was phenomenal. I just loved it!
For more cake recipes, go to Orange Chocolate Cake
For more pumpkin recipes, go to Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
For more low-calorie recipes, go to Pasta with Prosciutto, Cherry Tomatoes, and Asiago
For more desserts, go to 1-2-3-4 Peanut Butter Cookies
For more recipe reviews, go to Caesar Salad