Thoughts Before Cooking:
So this recipe comes from my sister blog theCatWhoWroteaBlog.wordpress.com. I was going to a work function and had to bring an item. Originally I was going to make something different, but then I found myself running out of time and needed something delicious, easy to make, and fast. I choose this salad.
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter or Margarine
- 2 Slices of Bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Small Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of Salad Oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 5 Cups of Romaine Lettuce, torn into pieces, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Heat butter or margarine in skillet. Add bread cubes and minced garlic.
- Fry until bread is crisp and golden. Remove from pan and put away for later use.
- Rub salad bowl with cut garlic; then add salad oil, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice.
- Mix ingredients.
- Then add lettuce and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with croutons, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Serves 4-6.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I thought this was the best Caesar salad I have ever tasted.
It was just the perfect blend of everything. I could eat this again and again.
For more Cat Who Cookbook recipes, go to Crasins Scones
For more salad recipes, go to Simple Pasta Salad
For more recipes, go to Pesto Parmesan Popcorn