Thoughts Before Baking:
I love pie!
So when I find a recipe that isn’t chocolate, I just have to try it out.
So I know that this pie is a “summer” pie because of the fruit, but I live in CA. We have summer fruit all year long.
- 16 oz-(3 Cups) of Fresh, Ripe, Strawberries; washed, hulled, and sliced in half
- 6-8 oz (1-1 1/3 Cups) of Raspberries; rinsed and set out in a single layer on a towled area
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch ot white flour
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- For dough use the one from the Apple Pie Recipe or buy a premade one.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the dough or roll out the premade one in your pie pan.
- Combine the berries, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add cornstarch or flour and mix gently until blended. Do not break the raspberries.
- Fill dough in pie pan.
- Cut remaining dough to into ten 3/4 inch strips and create a lattice.
- Brush top with egg.
- Cook 45-50 mins
Thoughts After Baking:
My niece wanted to make the pie with me, so instead of doing the crust from my Apple Pie recipe, I decided to buy the a premade one.
I bought the pillsbury dough which did not turn out well. The dough was hard and dry. When I tried to follow the cooking directions, it almost burned at 40 degrees. And then it tasted disgusting, like plastic.
The pie filling was good, not super sweet but that is okay. However, you need to eat this pie fast. It does not hold up well for the next day.
For more Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, go to Chicken, Asparagus, and Tomato Pesto Pasta
For more pie recipes, go to Sour Cream Lemon Pie
For more desserts, go to Orange Chocolate Cake
For more recipes, go to Pigs in a Blanket