Thoughts Before Cooking:
I remember being a huge fan of pigs in a blanket as a kid, although I haven’t had one in years. My niece has never had one and came across a recipe in a kid’s cookbook. She wanted to make them, so here we go with a blast from the past.
- 12 Hot Dogs
- Buttermilk Baking Mix
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare the dough for rolled biscuits as directed on package of Buttermilk Baking Mix.
- With lightly floured cloth-covered rolling pin, roll out dough into a square, 12 x 12 inches.
- Cut the dough into 12 oblong shapes, each 4 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Wrap each oblong dough piece around the hot dog.
- The ends of the hot dog should peek out of the biscuit “blanket”.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 mins.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 12.
Thoughts After Reading:
I thought they were okay. It definitely is a recipe of my youth, but not one I think I can continue in adulthood as my taste buds have changed.
For more hot dog recipes, go to Polka Dot Macaroni and Cheese
For more recipes, go to Orange Chocolate Cake