Thoughts Before Baking:
So it has been HOT!
I mean in the 100-110 degree range of hot.
Yeah, not fun. Not fun at all.
So of course I didn’t want to turn the oven on, but I wanted cookies! My alternative? This recipe.
This recipe comes from FOOD.com. I picked it primarily because it said “No Bake” in the title.
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Cups of Oats (I use Quakers or the Walgreens Nice! Brand)
- 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
- Boil the sugar, milk, cocoa, vanilla, and butter on the stove.
- Once boiled, remove from heat.
- Place in a bowl and add the oats and peanut butter.
- Stir to combine.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let cool, and then enjoy.
So I had a picture for these cookies but I accidentally deleted it.
I thought these cookies were fantastic! They were absolutely delicious and I ate way more than I should have.
I definitely will be making these again, especially if this heat wave continues.
For more cookie recipes, go to Mini Lemon Pancake Cookies
For more FOOD.com recipes, go to Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
For more dessert recipes, go to Happy 4th of July Triple Berry Salad
For more recipes, go to White Bean and Barley Soup with Tomatoes and Greens