Happy 4th of July!
Thoughts Before Cooking:
Happy 4th everybody! I don’t know about you all, but where I’m at it is going to be one HOT, HOT, HOT day.
So I was looking for something that would be tasty and cool to eat/cook.
I got this recipe from The Kitchen is My Playground and the original title is Triple Berry Salad with Simple Vanilla Syrup.
- 6-8 ounces of Strawberries
- 6 ounces of Blueberries
- 6 ounces of Raspberries
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Place sugar and water in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a simmer (there will be small bubbles), and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 mins.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Chill completely in fridge.
- Rinse the berries.
- Hull the strawberries and slice into 2-3 pieces.
- Place all the berries in one bowl.
- Just before serving, drizzle the berries with the vanilla sugar syrup.
- Toss gently.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I thought this was amazing!
I will be making this again and again and again!
For more 4th of July recipes, go to With the 4th of July comes Apple Pie
For more salad recipes, go to Bulghur Salad
For more dessert recipes, go to Mini Lemon Pancake Cookies
For more Pinterest recipes, go to Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups
For more holiday posts, go to Where Are You Now?