Thoughts Before Cooking:
I didn’t care for the recipe in Carrot Cake Murder, but I had a super big craving for it.
I shopped around until I found the King Arthur website‘s recipe. Now I love the King Arthur Recipes, I used to have a cookie, bar cookie, brownie, and biscotti cookbook; but I’m unsure where I put it in my latest move.
When I find it I will finish making the recipes and post the ones I’ve already made.
- 1.5 Cups of Vegetable Oil or Safflower Oil
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ginger
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 3 Cups of Grated Carrots
- 1.5 Cups of Chopped Pecans or Walnuts (Optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1 8-0z package of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla or Vanilla Extract
- 2.5-3.5 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two 9″ pans, a 9 x 13 pan, or line your cupcake pans.
- Mix together the oil, sugar, salt, eggs, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Mix the flour and the baking soda separately, then add it in to the previous mixture.
- Add carrots and nuts, mixing until well-blended.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake the cake 35-40 mins or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Let them cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add the salt and vanilla.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Add milk or cream if frosting is too stiff, if too thin add more sugar.
- Frost the cake or cupcakes.
Thoughts After Baking:
This was fantastic!
The cake was perfect, not to sweet but not bland.
And the frosting was absolutely delicious. And with the two combined it was beyond words!
I kept eating and eating them, I just couldn’t stop.
For more cupcake recipes, go to Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cupcakes
For more cake recipes, go to A is for Applesauce Cake
For more dessert recipes, go to Wookie Cookies
For more recipes, go to Brussels Sprouts, Turkey Sausage, & Pesto Pizza Casserole