Thoughts Before Baking:
I found this in a Real Simple magazine:
It looked and sounded delicious, so I thought I would give it a try. I mean you all know how much I love anything pesto and pizza.
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1.5 lbs of Pizza Dough
- 1/3 Cup of Prepared Pesto
- 1.5 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella or Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 lb of Uncooked Turkey Sausage, Crumbled
- 1/2 lb of Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of basil leaves, packed
- 3 to 4 Garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 Cup of Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the basil first. Remove basil leaves from stems.
- In a blender or food processor; mix 1/3 cup of olive oil, basil leaves, chopped garlic, and blend.
- Add nuts and cheese, mix again, adding another 1/3 cup of oil. Sauce should be smooth.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch pan with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Press the dough into the pan, covering the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Top the dough with pesto, cheese, sausage, and Brussels sprouts.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes
- Wait 5 minutes and then serve.
Thoughts After Reading:
I forgot to take the picture or else I would have included one. Well this pizza was delicious.
I can’t wait to make it again!
The pesto was a perfect compliment and it was just so easy to make. Took no time at all.
For more pizza recipes, go to Pizza Siciliana
For more casseroles, go to Breakfast Omelet
For more pesto recipes, go to Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread
For more recipes, go to Caraway Rye Bread