So I know what today is…
That’s okay stay strong. I have a recipe to try out that will be the perfect pairing to whatever your Friday the 13th plans are.
So I got the recipe from Health.com and it sounded tasty and healthy (of course) so I thought I would try it out.
- 3 small zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1.5 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces bagged baby spinach (2 cups lightly packed)
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
- Discard the outermost slices of zucchini; brush the rest with oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and pepper.
- Grill until tender, about 4 minutes per side. (You can prepare the zucchini a day ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.)
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing together with a fork.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice.
- Top with a few spinach leaves and a small (or half of a large) basil leaf.
- Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I thought this were pretty good. They were tasty, healthy, and fun to make.
I will be making these again.
For more pinterest recipes, go to Sour Cream Lemon Pie
For more low calorie meals, go to Mozzarella Tomato Toast
For more recipes, go to Wookie Cookies