So as you can tell I am a big fan of Star Wars. I decided what better way to celebrate than to make some Star Warsian delicacy. So I borrowed my big sister janeaustenrunsmylife.wordpress.com‘s Star Wars cookbook and decided to make this recipe for you all.
This recipe comes from The Star Wars Cookbook:Wookie Cookies and Other Galactic Recipes by Robin Davis.
My nephew spotted the cookbook I had borrowed from janeaustenrunsmylife and really wanted to make a recipe out of it; so we looked around and discovered we had just the things to create some Wookie Cookies.
- 2 1/4 Cup of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 Cup of packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar (White Sugar)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Set aside.
- Put the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in another bowl.
- Using an electric mixer set in high speed, beat together the sugar mixture until blended and creamy (~3 mins).
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop up a rounded tablespoonful of the dough and drop onto a baking sheet. Repeat until you have used all the dough. (Be sure to leave an inch between them as they expand as they bake)
- Bake the cookies until golden brown (~10 mins).
Here I have my stuffed Chewbacca posing with his Wookie Cookies
This recipe was great. The cookie was tasty and delicious. Thanks Davis for creating it.
I only had one problem though. I bought the chocolate chips on sale and when I got home realized one was regular size while the other jumbo. This made it hard to scoop out dough with multiple chocolate chips, as the jumbo ones made most have only one. Next time I will have to make sure my chips are the same size.
A great addition to any fan’s Star Warsian celebrations. Just be sure to share.
Happy Star Wars Day everyone, and:
For more chocolate chip cookie recipes, go to Special Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
For more cookie recipes, go to Chocolate Covered Cherry Delights
For more desserts, go to A is for Applesauce Cake
For more holiday posts, go to Irish Soda Bread
For more recipes, go to Pizza Siciliana