Thoughts Before Baking:
So I have wanted to make an applesauce cake ever since I was a child. I used to love reading the Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books, and one of the things the mothers were always making for their children was applesauce cake.
Well I decided it was time to stop thinking about making it and actually try it.
This recipe comes from myrecipes.com
- 8 Tablespoons (1 Stick) of Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, (at room temperature)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of Thick Applesauce
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Cloves
- 6 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9×5-inch loaf pan, lining the bottom with parchment and butter paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir baking soda into the applesauce. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg.
- Pour the batter into pan and bake until top springs back when pressed (about 50 minutes).
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 mins.
- Make the glaze by mixing the lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar. Spoon glaze over cake.
Thoughts After Baking:
It was amazing!!!
I took it to a pot luck and it was instantly gobbled down.
For more cake recipes, go to Lemon Meringue Chiffon Cake
For more dessert, go to Lemon Bars
For more recipes, go to Breakfast Omelet