Thoughts Before Baking:
This recipe is from Paula Dean’s cookbook The Lady & Sons, Too!: A Whole New Batch of Recipes from Savannah. I really wanted some lemon bars and like Dean’s recipes, so I thought I would test them out.
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Cup of Confectioners/Powdered Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) of Butter, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease a 13X9 inch pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter to make a crumbly mixture.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan, (you may need to coat your fingers with powdered sugar/flour to keep it from sticking to your fingers).
- Bake for 20 mins.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons of Flour
- 6 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- Mix the eggs, sugar, flour, and lemon juice.
- Pour this over the baked crust and bake for 25 mins.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, when the bars are done.
Thoughts After Baking:
I thought it was pretty tasty.
It wasn’t as light and fluffy as I usually like it, but otherwise perfect.
For more Paula Dean recipes, go to Polka Dot Macaroni and Cheese
For more lemon recipes, go to Sour Cream Lemon Pie
For more bar cookies, go to Apple Orchard Bars
For more desserts, go to Chocolate Covered Cherry Delights