Thoughts Before Baking:
I got this recipe from the Hannah Swensen mystery, Fudge Cupcake Murder. It sounded really tasty so I thought I would try it out.
- 1/2 Cup of Melted Butter (1 Stick)
- 1/2 Cup of White Sugar
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup of Chopped Apples
- 1.5 Cups of Flour
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Melt butter, add the sugars, and stir.
- Add baking soda, salt, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and beaten eggs.
- Mix well.
- Add the chopped apple.
- Add the flour and mix it thoroughly.
- Add the Oats and mix well.
- Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch cake pan. Spoon the dough in and smooth it with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until slightly brown on top.
- Let it cool and cut into bars like brownie.
Thoughts After Baking:
I LOVED it! They were just the best tasting thing that I consumed almost the entire pan. Just one fantastic recipe!
For more recipes from Fudge Cupcake Murder, go to Hole in One
For more Hannah Swensen recipes, go to Misdemeanor Mushrooms
For more recipes, go to Polka Dot Macaroni and Cheese