So I don’t know how your guy’s Valentine’s Day went, but this is typically mine.
Except I don’t pig out, I bake some cookies!
Thoughts Before Baking:
So this recipe comes from the Hershey Cocoa Cookbook, published in 1979. Oh yeah it’s an oldie but a goodie. I’ve been making these for years and I just love this cookie.
I especially like to make these either right after Christmas or Valentine’s Day as the M&M packages are all on sale for 80¢ or less.
- 2/3 Cup of Shortening
- 1.5 Cups of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Dairy Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups of Unsifted All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Cups of M&Ms
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in M&Ms.
- Drop them by the tablespoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, cool on wire rack.
Thoughts After Baking:
Sorry for no picture, but these cookies do not photograph well. But that doesn’t matter as they taste delicious!!!!
They are one of my favorite cookies to make. I just love them!
For more cookie recipes, go to Sand Tarts
For more desserts, go to Gingerbread Men Cookies
For more holiday recipes, go to Brioche French Toast
For more recipes, go to Oven-Crispy Creole French Fries