Thoughts Before Baking:
So I found this recipe on pinterest, but is originally from The Cooking Jar. It sounded fantastic, as I love pesto, cheese, and bread, so of course I thought I would give it a try.
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- 1/2 Cup of Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup of Pesto
- 1.5 Cups of a Mixed Cheese Blend (she called for a 5 Italian Cheese blend. I couldn’t find it so I went with the 4 Mexican Cheese Blend)
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife, make 1-inch diagonal cuts across the bread, be sure to leave the bottom intact.
- Repeat going the opposite direction.
- Pour the melted butter between the cuts, evenly.
- Use a spoon or knife to spread the pesto along the top of the bread.
- Transfer to aluminum foil and stuff cuts with cheese.
- Wrap bread in foil and cook for 15 mins.
- Unwrap bread and cook for another 10 mins.
Thoughts After Baking:
So no picture, sorry. We ate it before I had the chance to snap one.
It was good.
The only thing I would change would be putting the pesto inside the cuts and then the cheese. I didn’t like it on the tops only.
For more pinterest recipes, go to Pumpkin French Toast
For more appetizers, go to Gorgonzola Cream Cheese Log
For more recipes with pesto, go to Broccoli & Tortellini Salad with Pesto
For more recipes, go to Breakfast Puffin Muffins