Happy New Year!
I hope you all have a blessed year!
So back in November I did a post reviewing Blueberry Muffin Murder. That Friday I was going to pair it with a blueberry muffin recipe, but unfortunately I couldn’t find it and instead reviewed a cookie recipe, Dinomite’s Fluffy Bites.
But now I have found it, and I thought it was the perfect thing for your New Year’s morning.
Thoughts Before Baking:
So in Blueberry Muffin Murder they give a recipe for blueberry muffins, but when I looked at the ingredients I didn’t like it. It seemed far too sweet and sugary.
Instead, here is a recipe for blueberry muffins that I absolutely love. This comes from the cookbook, Great American Recipes.
- 1.5 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 4 Tbsp (1 Stick) of Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 1 Cup of Blueberries
- Muffin Liners or Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners or use non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and whisk until blended (mixture should be slightly lumpy.)
- Add the blueberries to bowl and stir them in just enough to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Thoughts After Baking:
I love them. I think they are the perfect blend, and not too sweet, but just right. It is the Best-Ever blueberry muffin recipe.
Sorry I don’t have a pic. We ate them all before I could capture them.
For more Breakfast recipes, go to A Hole in One
For more Holiday posts, go to Virgin Appletini
For more recipes, go to Gorgonzola Cream Cheese Log
In other news, let’s have a quick year review.
So last year I published 59 posts, starting with one a week and now up to two!
Out of those 59 posts, I’ve reviewed 29 mysteries. Which you should definitely check out.
The Black Sheep Knitting Mystery Series (3 books), Cat Caliban Mystery Series (1 book), A Donut Shop Mystery Series (3 books), The Emperor’s Edge Series (1 book), The Hannah Swenson Mystery Series (7 books), The Harry Bosch Mystery Series (1 book), A Hemlock Falls Mystery Series (2 books), Jane Jeffry Mystery Series (1 book), Lucy Stone Mystery Series (1 book), A Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery Series (1 book), P.I. Cassie Cruise Mystery Series (1 book), Rosewood Series (1 book), and The Scandia Series (1 book)
With cooking I reviewed 28 different recipes; from cookies, to pie, to cake, to pasta, to appetizers, to drinks, etc.
This blog was viewed 430 times last year.
The busiest day of the year was October 24th, when I posted on Regency Ginger Cookies
The top five posts this year were:
5) At the Corner of King Street by Mary Ellen Taylor
4) Regency Ginger Cookies from Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
3) The Dollhouse Murders by Betty Ren Wright
2) Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
1) The Princess Plot by Kirsten Boie
So what will the next year hold? You’ll just have to follow me to find out!