Time for another holiday recipe:
So this recipe of mushrooms comes from Sugar Cookie Murder and the fictional Lake Eden Holiday Buffet Cookbook.
Thoughts Before Cooking:
I love mushrooms and these stuffed ones sounded so great that I decided they would be an excellent one to try out.
- 2 Pounds of Ground Sausage
- 3 Cloves of Finely Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Ground Sage
- 8-oz package of Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Parsley
- 1 lb of Medium to Large Mushrooms (Big enough to stuff)
- Parmesan Cheese (to sprinkle)
- In a large, non-stick skillet, combine the sausage, garlic and sage.
- Sauté until sausage is browned and garlic is translucent.
- Drain the fat from the skillet and add softened cubed cream cheese and parsley.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat, and cover.
- Wash mushrooms. Remove the stems and set the caps aside.
- Chop the stems very fine and stir into the sausage/cheese mixture.
- Brush caps with melted butter and arrange cap down on a non-stick baking sheet (if needed shave a bit from the bottom of the cap to make them flat).
- Fill each cap with a heaping mound of warm sausage mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
Thoughts after cooking:
These were great! They were delicious and could make a great appetizer or mean if paired with a salad.
The cream cheese might make them a little rich for some, but I’m definitely going to make them again.
For more Hannah Swensen recipes, go to a Hole in One
For more recipes, go to Gingerbread Men Cookies