Dark Choco Almond Butter Cookies
Thoughts before baking:
So my cubicle at work was the kind of placeholder for objects, until I was hired. Subsequently I have a broken printer, an out of date phone, and a ton of boxes throughout the space. One day I was going through the boxes, looking for the perfect one to store some things and I found this recipe on a Vitacost box. They sounded good and are gluten-free, dairy-free, and low in calories. So I thought, let’s make them!
- 1 Cup of Almond Butter
- 3/4 Cup of Natural Sweetener (I used Agave Nectar)
- 1 Large Egg (or 1 tablespoon of flax and three tablespoons of water)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 3 oz of Dark Chocolate Pieces or Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine the almond butter, natural sweetener, egg, baking soda, and salt.
- Add chocolate.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Let them cool, then enjoy.
Thoughts after baking:
They were delicious!
I thought they tasted great and ate a bunch. My niece didn’t like them as she thought they weren’t sweet enough and the texture of the almond butter was strange, but I loved them. I will definitely be making these in the future.
For more low-calorie recipes, go to Cinnamon, Banana, & Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
For more cookies, go to Butter Berry Cookies
For more dessert, go to Strawberry Shortcake
For more recipes, go to Broccoli & Tortellini Salad with Pesto