So the book I reviewed this week was The Missing Mah Jong Player.
While this book contains no recipes, one of the characters owns a cupcake store, so I felt it was the perfect time to include a recipe I created.
Thoughts Before Cooking:
I love anything minty chocolate and we had a plethora of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark, so I thought I would test something out.
Now I love making everything myself and don’t care for using boxed things, but I was baking a ton of cupcakes for a party, in a limited amount of time and used a cake mix from a box. If you make a favorite chocolate cake recipe and just follow my little extras it should be just as good, if not extra.
- 1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix (If not from scratch, I usually use Duncan Hines)
- 1 Teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
- Cupcake Liners
- Ice-Cream Scoop
- About 10 Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares
- Chocolate Frosting (If not from scratch, I usually use Duncan Hines)
- Either follow a recipe for a cake from scratch or the directions on the box of cake mix.
- When adding your wet ingredients, add a teaspoon of peppermint extract to the cupcake batter.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, place the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake according to box directions.
- While cupcakes are baking, chop up the peppermint bark into tiny pieces. Make them as small as possible, sprinkle size.
- When cupcakes are finished let them cool, otherwise the frosting will melt.
- When cupcakes have completely cooled down, frost them.
- After you have frosted the cupcakes, sprinkle the chopped peppermint bark along the tops of the cupcakes.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I LOVED THEM! and everyone else did too. They were absolutely amazing. I’m just sorry that they were snapped up so quick that I wasn’t able to take a picture.
For more desserts, go to Special Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
For more recipes, go to Chicken, Asparagus, and Tomato Pesto Pasta