Thoughts Before Cooking:
When I first read the recipe I was unsure if I would love it or not, but decided to give it a go.
- 1/2 Cup of Quick Oats, (I use Quaker)
- 2 1/4 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) of butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon in a medium bowl
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy and light.
- Stir in the flour mixture, blending well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop dough, making round balls.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Thought after cooking:
Loved them and the fact that they are slightly healthier than a regular chocolate chip cookie. And also gigantic and chock full of chocolate chips.
For more desserts, go to With the 4th of July Comes Apple Pie
For the previous recipe, go to Chicken, Asparagus, and Tomato Pesto Pasta